Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Printing Blueberries (Week7)

Well, this week has been another round of adventures. When I was asking Jenn what I should write about today, she said, "well, the dragon has been in full force this week." In her defense, I haven't noticed the dragon all that much, but maybe the people at work would suggest differently.

Jenn has been working so much. The big R&R fund raising event is this weekend and Jenn has been busy tying up loose ends and getting everything ready. By the time she gets home, she's so tired that she usually goes straight to bed.

Jennifer working so much has given me the opportunity to get a lot of stuff done that I haven't really had the time to do. I've been doing a lot of media stuff for the church and working on a new website for them, so I have been able to put in a little extra time there. Also, I have a pregnancy project that I took on when we found out about the baby. This project is building up a bike. For those of you who don't know, I love cycling. It's the only workout-related activity that I will rearrange schedules for and the only one that I've been committed to for any respectable length of time. So, when we found out about the baby, I decided that I was going to take an old, beat up bike and clean it up and rebuild it to be a new bike. Since that decision, I've also got a second bike to build up, but this one is a bike for Jenn to use later. These projects will give me a great opportunity to achieve a goal by the time the baby gets here, and a place to go to either blow off some steam or hide from the dragon. Also, Church League Softball has started, which keeps us busy on Thursday nights. So much going on...

The baby has had a busy week seven. According to BabyCenter.com: "Hands and feet are emerging from developing arms and legs — although they look more like paddles at this point... Your baby has doubled in size since last week and now measures half an inch long, about the size of a blueberry."

A couple of new things this week. Jenn went with her friend Paula to the maternity clothes store and found a couple of things that she liked. We also went to Target and bought a couple of things from the maternity section. Although Jenn isn't quite showing, she said that her clothes weren't exactly fitting anymore, so she got a couple of things to grow into.

We also got our first baby gift. A volunteer at the Red Cross who works in Jenn's office gave us a onesie and a little hoodie from BabyGap. They are white and green and have a little crocodile on the front. These clothes are so small. It's crazy that our little blueberry will fit into them eventually.

The baby is growing very fast and I am still just amazed about how the growth process works. If you watch an old computer printer print out a page, the printer would jump around and make marks on the page in seemingly random spots. It never really made that much sense to me, but eventually the printing would be done and you'd have a complete picture. The same could be said about how the baby is being made. I don't really understand why God would choose to grow the arms and legs before the internal organs are done, but He's had a lot more experience building people than I do, so I know that eventually it will all come together to form a little person.

Well, that's all for this week, I'll see you next Wednesday!

No comments: