Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Dragons and To-Go Boxes (Week 6)

Hello Everyone!

Well, another week has gone by and Baby is workin' her little heart out. According to my BabyCenter email update, week six brought the growth of eyes, nose, mouth, and ears. Her little heart is beating 100 to 160 times a minute and blood is beginning to flow. Right now, Baby is a 1/4" long. 

Despite being so small, Baby is causing many changes in her mother. A creature that we've lovingly began to call "the Dragon" has emerged from my wife and will attack without notice. Because I am not handy with a sword (and not a Medieval Fair person) the Dragon has almost devoured me a few times. I'm getting better about fighting (a.k.a. dealing) with it, though.

Aside from my wife's alter ego, she has also worked her way into a paradox: she is constantly hungry, yet after taking no more than three bites of whatever food she's fixed/ordered/stolen, the thought of eating another bite gives her a shutter and a couple of dry-heaves. Jennifer is really upset by this because she loves eating and now the though of food drives her out of the room. Today, when I got home, she informed me that in order to get ANYTHING out of the refrigerator, she had to hold her breath while the door was open. 

Not long ago, another soon-to-be dad told me that his wife's sense of smell qualified her to work as a drug dog. I guess if the Red Cross doesn't work out...

This week has been very busy for us. I can't think of a reason why - we didn't really do anything extra, but it just feels rushed. We're trying to enjoy our last time being just married (not parents) but everything else seems to get in the way. 

In addition to Jenn's food problems, she has also began having dreams. Her latest one was that she delivered the baby and it was so small that the doctor gave it to her in a "to-go" box. I told Jenn that her dream meant that she would eat the baby, probably the next day for lunch.

She has also decided that she's beginning to show. Honestly, there's no way she's showing, but she thinks it's happening. I think she's just excited about being able to show. That way, when she orders enough food for the entire softball team at lunch, people won't think she's a heifer.*




*This is not to suggest in ANY way that I think she's a heifer or that she's eating too much. Jenn, if you're reading this, I didn't mean it. Honest. Please don't release the Dragon...


Please...








See you next Wednesday!

2 comments:

Granny said...

No more references to livestock, even in jest! It's nice that Baby is a girl this week, but I'm calling Baby a boy until I'm proven wrong! Course, if you had twins........Happy Grandparents!!!

The dreams just mean that she needs ... uh .....More Chinese Food!!!

See you guys in a couple of weeks! Love you both--take care of my grandbaby!

Mommyhardin07 said...

I love the way that you describe Jenn's pregnancy. :-) I think you should save it and write a book...Look at the bright side it'll pay for the diapers :-) And my words of wisdom for Jenns mood swings....get used to it I wish I could tell you that they get better but they don't! Love yall and talk to you next week! ~~Mandy