Thursday, October 20, 2011

Shhhhhh...

I'm writing this while sitting on the couch. I'm trying to cherish this time while I still can. Madalyn is old enough now that I basically get her ready, sing her a song, and then tell her to get in bed. Within a few minutes (sometimes a little longer) she's asleep for the night. Lately, she's been asking to pray for her little sister before I put here to bed. I really feel like this is genuine and not just another attempt to do something that will allow her to stay up for a  few more minutes. 

We've settled on a name for our new little girl - Abigale Maureen Garner. We both have come back to Abigale a couple of times and Maureen is the middle name of a close family friend who Jennifer was very interested in naming our daughter after.

So, Mady is in bed, Jenn is at work (Abby is obviously with her) and our dog Dakota is asleep in our bedroom. 

Do you hear that? 




Silence. 




Things have been nuts at work. I'm busy with church stuff. I'm staying up late and getting up early to get stuff done. The noise in my head with all the responsibilities swirling around, the silence is golden. 

It hasn't always been this way. When Mady was little, it wasn't always so quiet.  When Abby gets here, it won't be quiet again. But, that won't last very long. And some noisiness is great. Playing in the living room, fetch with the dog, Christmas Morning, birthday parties.

It's going to be a lot of fun. Here's to the quiet. Here's to the noise. Here's to the great and precious moments that come with each of those times. 

No comments: